compostteas - [Compostteas] Help!

compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Compost Teas: 24 hour, EM, IM, BD & fermented plant extracts

  • From: "eddington AT lvcm.com" <eddington AT lvcm.com>
  • To: "Compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org" <Compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Compostteas] Help!
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 09:32:07 -0400

Hi Scott,

No there is probably not a typographical error, but you might want to call
the lab anyway. I tried a kitchen sink recipe I concoted in January and
got 12,544 total bacteria, 840 active bacteria, but only 2.24 active fungi
and 5.24 total fungi. I definitely started asking a lot of questions about
which one of the 31 ingredients were bacterial food and which fungal
and I am still double checking the answers I got and still get, much
confusion. But I am trying to keep the bacteria down so they don't
outcompete with the fungi.

One report Elaine said it looked like 75% of the hyphae of the fungi
(those fine threads) looked like they had been eaten, probably by the
bacteria! I am cutting bacterial foods to almost nil, since they seem to
grow no matter what I do, don't really have problems getting bacteria to
grow, they kinda just do their own thing.

For the last few months we have only been testing for active and total
fungi, since that is what we want to be consistant with, we seem to be
staying within the 2-3.5 range for active fungi a lot, and about 3-5 range
for total fungi and we are thrilled to be over the 2 mark consistantly. We
just had a full spectrum done this last test and bacteria active were
down to 71 and total bacteria 324, so we are keeping these down -
hopefully it is helping the fungi survive.

Carole Eddington

http://mail2web.com/ .