compostteas - Re: [Compostteas] Mycorrhizal spores

compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Compost Teas: 24 hour, EM, IM, BD & fermented plant extracts

  • From: Lmvine1 AT cs.com
  • To: lcharles AT webfront.net.au, compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Compostteas] Mycorrhizal spores
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 16:56:33 EDT

In a message dated 6/10/02 11:46:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time, lcharles AT webfront.net.au writes:

In the wheat section its recommended to seed dress with compost tea and mycorrhizal fungi spores - sounds good - do we buy these or is there some way to grow them.

I had a soil bio test done by SFI and it showed very low Mycorrhizal fungi.  In one of the subsequent soil drench teas I used BioGrow Endo-Micronized from Micorrhizal Applications http://www.mycorrhizae.com/index.html

I intend to do another soil test in about a month to see the effectiveness of the CT soil program on the mycorrhizae and other soil organisms.

Dan Lynch
Long Mountain Vineyard