compostteas - [Compostteas] CT Temperature, rust

compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Compost Teas: 24 hour, EM, IM, BD & fermented plant extracts

  • From: "eddington AT lvcm.com" <eddington AT lvcm.com>
  • To: "Compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org" <Compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Compostteas] CT Temperature, rust
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2002 08:29:01 -0400

Hi again,

Scott. We are testing a variety of temperatures to maintain our brews
at, seems to make a difference in final numbers, so trading off
dissolved oxygen for lower tempratures may need careful scrutiny, let
me know what you discover. We don't get as many numbers in the 60's
as we do in the 70's, haven't ventured much into the 80's yet. We were
getting black stuff baked onto our heaters when we kept them higher -
so we have stayed lower.

We just treated 2500 roses in a nursery for black spot and rust. 6
treatments with CT over the last two months. The owner claims it did
as good as if he had used a chemical with the added benefit of
vigorous growth. We are watching and still applying tea for the rest of
the season.

Carole Eddington

http://mail2web.com/ .