compostteas - [Compostteas] Re Competitive machines

compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Compost Teas: 24 hour, EM, IM, BD & fermented plant extracts

  • From: "Jeff Lowenfels" <jeff AT gardener.com>
  • To: <compostteas AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Compostteas] Re Competitive machines
  • Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 10:49:01 -0700

Hi all.

A few housekeeping matters. It is important to make sure you change the
subject heading on all posts instead of simply replying if you have a new
subject. Right now with only a handful of subscribers it isn't a problem. It
could become a nightmare, however.

Second, I am trying to figure out how to get the messages sent individually
when delivered for those who don't want to get them all batched at one time.
There is a check box for this option, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Finally, a big welcome to Dr. Elaine Ingham whose site, www.soilfoodweb.com
is a must for anyone who is contemplating making compost teas. And a thank
you for the alert on the E. Coli controversy. For the good of the Science,
it is vital that all of us follow this "controversy" and not allow bad
science to impact what we are all trying to do. Bad compost makes bad tea no
matter if it has E. Coli. The only way to know you have good tea is to use
tested composted. And to test the tea as well. Simple as that.

Cheers,

Jeff aLaska

PLANT A ROW FOR THE HUNGRY: Through PAR, over 3 million pounds of food have
been donated by home gardeners like you to feed the hungry. Ask me how you
can join the effort.

  • [Compostteas] Re Competitive machines, Jeff Lowenfels, 05/17/2002