community_studios - Re: [Community_studios] license?

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: Tom Poe <tompoe AT studioforrecording.org>
  • To: Markus Koller <markus.koller AT gmx.li>
  • Cc: community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Community_studios] license?
  • Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2005 08:58:26 -0600

Markus Koller offered the following on 12/04/2005 08:25 AM:
hi tom

searching for great jazz songs, i stumbled upon your site
http://www.ibiblio.org/studioforrecording/mt/Jazz/
some of those artists are really talented, but i haven't found any song licensed under the creative commons license (or other open licenses).

can you help me to find some open jazz content (royalty free)?

best

markus

Hi, Markus: Very good question. SONG STORM hopes that the day will come, when all our featured artists will provide creative commons licenses for their works. Until then, you might want to see what appeals to you at the Internet Archive site. www.archive.org/

For personal listening, I enjoy downloading the shows featured on:
http://www.radiojazz.ca/

Hope the two sites have what you're looking for. Keep me posted.
Happy Holidays,
Tom
--
Open Studios, Charles City, Iowa, USA
www.ibiblio.org/studioforrecording/
begin:vcard
fn:Tom Poe
n:Poe;Tom
org:Open Studios
adr:;;510 15th Avenue;Charles City;IA;50616;USA
email;internet:tompoe AT studioforrecording.org
title:Director
tel;work:641-228-3271
tel;home:641-228-3271
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.ibiblio.org/studioforrecording/
version:2.1
end:vcard

  • Re: [Community_studios] license?, Tom Poe, 12/04/2005