community_studios - [Community_studios] It's David from Ohio

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: DRAGLAND4U AT aol.com
  • To: community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Community_studios] It's David from Ohio
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 17:38:47 EDT

Hey Tom,

I was wondering what had happened to you when I tried to email and call you last week. When I got your email explaining that you moved I was very relieved. I have been following the Creative Commons concept and reading all the pro's and cons about it. Everytime I read about the monopolizing of music freedom it really does something to me. I have mixed emotions and uncertainties, but hey what can you say.  I have aspirations of being that entertainment mogul because I first Love music and entertainment and I really want to be a part of a positive movement.

Explain to me a good first approach to aspiring artists about the 14 year copyright issue and after that term, an artist song is no longer theirs.  I understand the public domain issue but as you well know it is a hard sell. I shouldn't have any problems with mature artists who understand this matrix of a music industry as such, I like to refer to my self as Neo, the chosen one! Hopefully I will prevail once I can convince people that the music industry is experiencing a paradigm shift and what I am offering through Open Studios is a disruptive technology such as the PC was to the typewriter.

I am interested also about the websites, both the nonprofit and the profit one. I am a visionary and I can't help sometimes to live in the future through the now. Don't be hesitant to pull my tail if I get ahead of myself at times. That is just my nature.

I am interested in the WHOLE gamut of the entertainment business model that I want to put together with your help.  I want to get into book publishing, film making, record production and fortunately I make a good income so I can afford to promote and maintain the dream as I live it because it is the journey that is most exciting.

 But anyway. I would like to load software as soon as possible so I can at least see what I have been bragging about to my peers and such.

  • [Community_studios] It's David from Ohio, DRAGLAND4U, 06/30/2005