community_studios - [Community_studios] TV on the Internet follow-up

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: tom poe <tompoe AT amihost.com>
  • To: Open Studios <Open_Studios AT yahoogroups.com>
  • Cc: Community Studios <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Community_studios] TV on the Internet follow-up
  • Date: 27 Mar 2005 17:59:49 -0800

Well, looks like our music portal model is holding firm. That's a good
thing. Communities will be able to easily adapt the model to suit their
needs, and, at the same time, serve a worldwide audience with Internet
TV, too. Nice, eh? Now, if we can get the SVG file format to be
universally available on browsers, we can move SONG STORM to a graphical
interface, and a new world opens up.
Tom

http://www.videolan.org/
"VideoLAN is free software, and is released under the GNU General Public
License. It started as a student project at the French École Centrale
Paris but is now a worldwide project with developers from 20 countries."

"The VideoLAN project targets multimedia streaming of MPEG-1, MPEG-2,
MPEG-4 and DivX files, DVDs, digital satellite channels, digital
terrestial television channels and live videos on a high-bandwidth IPv4
or IPv6 network in unicast or multicast under many OSes. VideoLAN also
features a cross-platform multimedia player, VLC, which can be used to
read the stream from the network or display video read locally on the
computer under all GNU/Linux flavours, all BSD flavours, Windows, Mac OS
X, BeOS, Solaris, QNX, Familiar Linux..."

  • [Community_studios] TV on the Internet follow-up, tom poe, 03/27/2005