community_studios - [Community_studios] book progress report

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: tom poe <tompoe AT amihost.com>
  • To: Open Studios <Open_Studios AT yahoogroups.com>
  • Cc: Community Studios <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Community_studios] book progress report
  • Date: 07 Mar 2005 00:22:44 -0800

Here's the latest update:
http://www.ibiblio.org/studioforrecording/bookkitchen/
Please take a few minutes and see how it reads, noting any changes we
can make to improve it.

I'm still missing the appendices, cover image, backcover image, and
whatever else someone points out. If you think there's a chapter
missing, and want to contribute, please do so. We need your help. We'll
give you super credit highlight/author recognition. You could become
famous.

I'm thinking we'll package this as a Wire-0 binding, with a glossy
cover, and glossy backcover. The price quote from cafepress.com is
something close to $10, their cost, so we'll price it for purchase at
$12.95?? What do you think?

I'm hoping the book cover can be modified slightly to create images for
other stuff, like shirts and cups and mouse pads. Any and all ideas
welcome, . . . . and needed.

Our timeframe for polishing and getting to market is set tentatively for
April 15th, so please don't dawdle. And, please do buy a copy. We need
the revenue. And, don't stop there. Start spreading the word, as we need
the publicity.
Thanks, Tom

  • [Community_studios] book progress report, tom poe, 03/07/2005