community_studios - [Community_studios] Saskatoon congrats!

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: tom poe <tompoe AT amihost.com>
  • To: Fruteland Jackson <fruteland AT fruteland.com>
  • Cc: Open Studios <Open_Studios AT yahoogroups.com>, Community Studios <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Community_studios] Saskatoon congrats!
  • Date: 28 Feb 2005 19:12:22 -0800

Hi, Fruteland Jackson: Sounds like you had a marvelous experience in
Saskatoon. Congratulations!

SONG STORM would be delighted to highlight Blues In The Schools
http://www.fruteland.com/programs.html for you. Just say the word, and
it'll be done.

I'd like to mention that Open Studios assists communities to build and
operate community-based recording studios. One aspect of this work lies
with schools being able to get their students into a learning
environment with regards to reading/writing music. With nothing more
than a low-end PC-based computer, a child can play her Kazoo, then hear
it played back. She can click a button, and see the score sheet of the
tune, print it out, and hang it on the wall. Click another button, and
her tune is played back as any instrument she wants. She can add
instruments, and hear her tune as an orchestral arrangement. She can
burn the CD, take it with her, copy it, sell it to others as part of a
school blues fund-raising campaign. Get the idea?

How would you like a community-based recording studio to take with you
into the classroom for your work? The software costs nothing, the
computer can be donated, and we'll provide the technical and training
support you need. That's what we do. You'd be able to introduce it to
every school you visit, and they could then set one up for themselves
afterward. Let me know what you think, and if anything we said above is
of interest, let me know. By the way, all services of Open Studios are
free.
SONG STORM
Reno, NV, USA
www.ibiblio.org/studioforrecording/php/playlist.php

  • [Community_studios] Saskatoon congrats!, tom poe, 02/28/2005