community_studios - [Community_studios] trip, meeting

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: Jeff Shippen <jeffshippen AT bluebottle.com>
  • To: Community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [Community_studios] trip, meeting
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 08:27:42 -0800

The trip to Albuquerque was fun, a little short.  Luckily I missed the 2nd and 3rd snow storm in Reno while I was gone.  I look forward to meeting you again to learn/see how the software used for Open Studios works, along with more detail of the concept of Open Studios.

Also, I am getting a PC donated to me, I'm not sure how good it will be, but I'm willing to pass it on to who may need it.

I read most of the Courtney Love Does The Math (http://www.jdray.com/Daviews/courtney.html).  It's some good stuff -  everyone should have a look at if you haven't already, especially if you are an artist.

Jeff Shippen

tom poe wrote:
Hi, Jeff:  On our homepage, there's a Donate Now button.  You can click
on it, and check out Networkforgood.org for info.  The Sponsor link
shows the companies that funded the organization.

We're also starting the push to put a Reno Neighborhood Network Center
in motion.  This is a project of Housing and Urban Development (HUD):
http://www.hud.gov/offices/hsg/mfh/nnw/nnwaboutnn.cfm

We think we may be eligible to become a National Partner, as well as a
local Neighborhood Network Center.  If you want to advise me on the
business plan steps and stuff, I could use your business sense.  Let me
know.  If we're successful, it would be a good reference on your future
resume, I think.

How was your trip?
Tom