community_studios - [Community_studios] election thoughts and community-based recording studios

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: tom poe <tompoe AT amihost.com>
  • To: Open Studios <Open_Studios AT yahoogroups.com>
  • Cc: Community Studios <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Community_studios] election thoughts and community-based recording studios
  • Date: 03 Nov 2004 08:49:49 -0800

I read about Australia's electronic voting system. They provide public
scrutiny of the vote count. As I understand it, the electronic voting
machines/computers utilize an Open Source code approach. This makes it
possible for anyone to detect manipulation of the vote count. It's
called, Protecting the Individual's Right To Vote!

I can just imagine, in an ideal world, where community-based recording
studios existed in almost every community throughout the United States.
Each community-based recording studio housed an electronic voting system
setup to be used for elections. It wouldn't be the official system. It
would be the '76ers Election System. Voters would vote on it, then walk
down the block, and vote on the electronic voting machines/computers
that do not protect the individual's right to vote. I'm not sure how
many would bother to vote on the official voting system, if they realize
the official system abrogated their right to vote in the 2004
presidential election.

I don't know, standing in line to cast a vote on a voting system that
does not permit public scrutiny of the vote count, i.e., the vote count
is secret, just smacks of sheer fantasy. And, if that's not bad enough,
watch the GOP's next trick. . . . . Say hello to Arnold, Baby, in 2008.

For me, I have to go now, and figure out what to do, as there is no
question, social security is a dead duck!
Tom

  • [Community_studios] election thoughts and community-based recording studios, tom poe, 11/03/2004