community_studios - [Community_studios] As the world turns . . . .

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: tom poe <tompoe AT amihost.com>
  • To: Open Studios <Open_Studios AT yahoogroups.com>
  • Cc: terfa uzer <steveterfa AT yahoo.com>, Community Studios <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Community_studios] As the world turns . . . .
  • Date: 26 Jul 2004 10:08:27 -0700

Today, I spent a considerable amount of time at the Reno, Nevada, main
post office. First, with the counter postal clerk, then her
supervisor. We were trying to figure out what I should pay to send a
Memorandum of Understanding to Steven Terfa Uzer, who lives in the sixth
largest city in the world, Lagos, Nigeria. You see, they don't have the
resources at the Reno main post office to find out how much to charge
for that location. In fact, they couldn't find it when they consulted
the Internet, so the supervisor reported. We finally agreed to take a
chance and pay $1.95USD to get it to Nigeria, and hope it isn't returned
for insufficient postage.

I just hope Steve doesn't live in Lagos, Portugal. Do you Steve?
Tom

  • [Community_studios] As the world turns . . . ., tom poe, 07/26/2004