community_studios - [Community_studios] Re: [DMCA_Discuss] Sad News - Cookie Holley Passes...

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: "miriam clinton (iriXx)" <iriXx AT iriXx.org>
  • To: Anatoly Volynets <av AT total-knowledge.com>
  • Cc: DMCA_Discuss AT lists.microshaft.org, Community Studios <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Community_studios] Re: [DMCA_Discuss] Sad News - Cookie Holley Passes...
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 10:28:57 +0100

Cookie, you shall be sadly missed.

I'll never forget your energy and determination to fight against CARP, and the conversations we had both here and offline about your never-ending work.

may you rest in peace.... goodbye :'(

mC~

Anatoly Volynets wrote:

Cookie belongs to a small group of the most prominent people I have met in
my entire life.

She was 58 something, I think, very ill, living alone in the middle of
nowhere, in an Oregon forest, surrounded by pets and computers. She
developed lovely on-line community of more than 150 artists around the
Glob. She helped some of them just to get on their feet.

When I read her posts at ANTI-DMCA, in 2001, I thought it was young
energetic boy. After some time I noticed they sounded too wise, but when I
got to know who she was, this was an astonishing discovery.

Everything she had done was done out of love and nothing was for herself.
It hadn't looked like she even expected gratitude from anyone.

It doesn't matter she didn't climbed on the top of society. She was a person of the great scale, made of that very stuff that prophets are.

My deepest condolences to all Cookie's friends,

Anatoly Volynets
http://www.total-knowledge.com
http://www.culturedialogue.org