community_studios - [Community_studios] Join The Virtual Blues Evolution

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: Quinn <bluesevolution AT earthlink.net>
  • To: Music Makers Worldwide: ;
  • Subject: [Community_studios] Join The Virtual Blues Evolution
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 18:11:29 -0400

BLUES EVOLUTION "Forget Everything You KnewAbout The Blues"

· Modern Original Soul & Blues in the Tradition of:
· Atlantic/Stax · Robben Ford · Bobby Bland · Van Morrison · Ray Charles
· BS&T · Dr. John · Steve Winwood ·Joe Cocker · Charles Brown

Hello,

Finally work has begun on the follow-up Blues Evolution release, and it
is our hope to find wonderful players and composers from around the
world to join us. Of course we realize that, for a variety of reasons,
this will not be for everyone, but we also know that this will be just
exactly what some have been searching for as an outlet for their
musical expression. However, we are looking only for exceptional
collaborators. We are interested in players who could fit in at a
session with Steely Dan or Sting. In case this sounds like you and this
idea sounds interesting to you, let me offer you a short description of
Blues Evolution.

The music of Blues Evolution has been described as "Ray Charles meets
Steely Dan." Besides the obvious comparisons to Steely Dan, it is also
Steely Dan-like in the sense that there are two primary
players/producers in this configuration. Elexus Quinn (songwriting and
vocals) and Ziggy True (songwriting, guitar, arranging and
orchestrations). This is an eclectic approach to Blues, but definitely
in the neighborhood of the Blues, if not down that exact alley. This
music is horn driven with tight and sophisticated arrangements,
intelligent songwriting, and strong performances by collaborators from
across the United States, and now, hopefully, from around the world.

I've included an attachment from the Blues Evolution website which
describes this virtual idea in a little greater detail. If you feel
uncomfortable opening attachments however, you may want to visit the
Blues Evolution website where you will go to Musicians Room and click
on Virtual Blues Evolution for more information. Song samples are also
available at CD Baby.

I hope you will feel free to forward this to other talented folks who
may be interested and of course we really are looking forward to
hearing from you.

Nothing Is Meaningless,
Elexus Quinn
bluesevolution AT earthlink.net
<<Blues Evolution>>

You will only receive this information once but you may also reply to this
email with the word REMOVE as the subject and your name will be removed.

  • [Community_studios] Join The Virtual Blues Evolution, Quinn, 05/17/2004