community_studios - [Community_studios] And here comes the rationale for shutting down our Internet

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: tom poe <tompoe AT amihost.com>
  • To: Open Studios <Open_Studios AT yahoogroups.com>
  • Cc: Community Studios <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Community_studios] And here comes the rationale for shutting down our Internet
  • Date: 21 Apr 2004 16:26:23 -0700

http://news.findlaw.com/ap/ht/1700/4-21-2004/20040421050004_04.html
Internet Technology Vulnerable to Hackers
By TED BRIDIS AP Technology Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) - Researchers uncovered a serious flaw in the underlying
technology for nearly all Internet traffic, a discovery that led to an
urgent and secretive international effort to prevent global disruptions
of Web surfing, e-mails and instant messages.

Now, of course, big business will stand to suffer at the hands of those
nefarious teenagers who would interrupt big business. Home users
wouldn't necessarily suffer, other than not getting to big business
sites, so, therefore, we will have to change how the Internet works, so
big business won't suffer. Makes sense, eh? . . . Boy, I really don't
like these jerks.
Tom

  • [Community_studios] And here comes the rationale for shutting down our Internet, tom poe, 04/21/2004