community_studios - Re: [Community_studios] Re: playfair on x86, Apple uses DMCA

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: tom poe <tompoe AT amihost.com>
  • To: "proclus AT gnu-darwin.org" <proclus AT gnu-darwin.org>
  • Cc: Community Studios <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Community_studios] Re: playfair on x86, Apple uses DMCA
  • Date: 16 Apr 2004 23:50:30 -0700

I share your outrage. Suppose there was a community-based recording
studio in every community, today. Each location has a playfair app to
hand out to local residents. Forget the Internet. That's the idea
behind Open Studios. Possibilities? I think so. I think that the
companies then have to mount a different tack, because they can't rely
on people being totally dependent on the Internet, but rather have to
cope with multiple levels of communication.

How fast can we get such a global community-based recording studio
network up and running? Weeks to months, not years. What will it
take? Getting the message out to those who can see the possibilities,
spread the word, and make it happen. What do you think? Want to
coordinate something with Gnu-Darwin?
Tom