community_studios - [Community_studios] SONG STORM info update April, 2004

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: tom poe <tompoe AT amihost.com>
  • To: Alan Rothkopf <arothkopf AT yahoo.com>
  • Cc: Open Studios <Open_Studios AT yahoogroups.com>, Community Studios <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Community_studios] SONG STORM info update April, 2004
  • Date: 01 Apr 2004 19:29:16 -0800

For those artists that have their own web site, I'd like to ask if you
might help us spread the word by adding a link, or an image/link to your
sites? Please?

We're climbing towards 100 artists, and we won't stop there. We've
added a Venue section, and in the not-too-distant future, we'll break
the list out into genres, then regions of the world, so the artists can
begin to get added exposure on search engines like Google.

If you haven't got a good handle on just what SONG STORM can do for you,
ask, and I'll go through it with you, to see what we can do to help you
get the most out of our site. As you know, the idea behind the project
is to drive listeners to your web site, to attract DJs to the site, to
get material for their shows, and to enhance your exposure on the
Internet.

One way to do all that lies with the Playlists. I have Playlists up for
artists and their songs, now. Down the road, there will be a takeover,
as listeners begin to send in their favorite artists/songs lists. Until
then, you might want to pepper your songs around the playlists, by
sending three or four of your favorite songs by your favorite artists.
Just send an email with titles and song file links of those titles.
I'll create a Playlist. You can choose a title, such as, Harry's Monday
Morning Playlist, or, Jennifer's Picnic In The Meadow Playlist.
Whatever.

It takes time, and may not be something that fits your schedule, but the
more Playlists that have one or more of your songs (even if it's the
same one of two that you post to the Internet), the better the odds, a
listener begins to recognize you, and thinks you're really popular.

That's the thought for this time around. Hope to hear from you, and
hoping you're all doing really well out there in Internetland,
musically.
Tom
SONG STORM
www.ibiblio.org/studioforrecording/php/playlist.php

  • [Community_studios] SONG STORM info update April, 2004, tom poe, 04/01/2004