community_studios - [Community_studios] SONG STORM achieves next level

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: tom poe <tompoe AT amihost.com>
  • To: Open Studios <Open_Studios AT yahoogroups.com>
  • Cc: Community Studios <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Community_studios] SONG STORM achieves next level
  • Date: 04 Mar 2004 18:35:09 -0800

Hi, Everyone: Major breakthrough since our launch on January 15, 2004.

We have the first of the listener playlists up. Martin chose to go
through the playlists of the first 30, and pick his favorites. This is
one example of what the site can do for listeners. That's a good thing.

The next level we're looking for, will be a playlist submission that
doesn't just use the playlists on SONG STORM, but is a list of songs
from around the Internet of independent artists. Will alert you when
that happens.

In the meantime, check out:
www.ibiblio.org/studioforrecording/mt/Playlist/ and see what we might
want to add to the SONG STORM LISTENER FAVORITES listing that would be
useful. Let me know what you think.

As we get community-based recording studios up and running, SONG STORM
will take on extra clout as a venue for users to get "heard", and that's
a good thing, eh?
Tom