community_studios - [Community_studios] End of Launch Time Arrives

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: tom poe <tompoe AT amihost.com>
  • To: Open Studios <Open_Studios AT yahoogroups.com>
  • Cc: Community Studios <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Community_studios] End of Launch Time Arrives
  • Date: 23 Jan 2004 00:41:05 -0800

The end of our official launch of SONG STORM has arrived. I want to
extend a personal thank you to each and every one of you for your
gracious time and effort during these last four months.

We spent a week in soft launch mode, and the results are excellent for
not incurring a single obscene comment! We experienced two significant
spam attacks. There is a plug-in for handling such occurrences, but the
install continues until I get the path to the stupid files figured out.

We had four (I think, artist inquiries), and two sign-ups, so far.
Cookie has "volunteered" her artists to be included (heavy on blues).
So, over the coming weeks, we'll see a steady arrival of new artists and
playlists. The count stands above 25, and growing.

Our attention now turns to marketing to reach listeners, rather than
artists, although I will continue to work through jazz genre to
complement the blues. At the next break, which should be 100 artists,
we'll move to start the country folks. Anyone who thinks there might be
a more strategic approach, speak up.

MT, which is the application we're using, can be internationalized. I
will wait until we reach the 100 artist mark, before implementing that
feature. It then moves us into the World Beat genre, and Folk, unless
I've got that wrong.

Well, watch for a credits section in the welcome message on Song Storm,
and remember, each time you "hit" the site, that helps our Google
standing. We are number one out of 1,740,000 or so results at this
time, for the key words, SONG STORM. music playlist contest are three
keywords, that, when entered together, the search results on Google have
us filling the first page! Well, we hold position 1, 2, 5, 6, . . .

So, I say, it's full steam ahead. Again, many thank yous to all of you,
and let me know what you want to do to get ready for our Grand Opening
in June.
Tom

  • [Community_studios] End of Launch Time Arrives, tom poe, 01/23/2004