community_studios - [Community_studios] SONG STORM Test site Ready for Final Critique

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: tom poe <tompoe AT amihost.com>
  • To: "Open_Studios AT yahoogroups.com" <Open_Studios AT yahoogroups.com>
  • Cc: Robert Lazaneo <whiffenpuf AT aol.com>, Cookie Holley <cookieholley AT tymewyse.com>, Community Studios <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>, Don Wrubleski <msvicky AT warwick.net>, "iriXx AT iriXx.org" <iriXx AT iriXx.org>
  • Subject: [Community_studios] SONG STORM Test site Ready for Final Critique
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 06:57:48 -0000

Hi, Folks: We're down to within 30 days to SONG STORM's launch.

Here's the final layout (I hope) for review:
http://www.ibiblio.org/studioforrecording/mt/Artist

There are three separate setups:
Artist
Playlist
Stations

The layout for each artist is standardized. As features are added, the
listings will change a little, not a lot. We will likely add Internet
Stations that play their songs, and other features.

The layout for Playlists is demonstrated with Robert Lazaneo's
Playlist. As we go along, stations will be added that play the artist's
songs or similar music. The links will leave our site, and go directly
to the station sites, much like the links to the songs do.

I haven't started adding to the Stations listings, yet.

We'll also be figuring out the best way to get back and forth for the
static pages that contain all the info, like the contest page, prizes
page, etc.

On the topic of prizes. One outfit in Africa sent a spam, but was an
interesting spam, as it offered two free photographic African Safaris.
I am following up to see just what that's about, as it presents some
interesting possibilities. They want us to auction the trips, then
divide the bid price with them. We want to just offer the trips, no
dividing anything. So, will keep you posted on developments.

We have Mighty Sam McClain and Tanya Michelle as our branding couple.
We'll want to develop a nifty way to maximize that aspect of the site.
Ideas?

Cookie didn't sign up for the group list, so she's missed a bunch. I
didn't realize she wasn't getting messages. Cookie, you need to sign
up. I'll send an invite, if you want, and this time, I'll follow up to
make sure you don't delete the invite as spam. :)

Please find some minutes to check out the site, and share your thoughts,
so we can decision-make all over the place, and get your ideas working.
Happy Holidays,
Tom