community_studios - [Community_studios] Re: [Greg] Dyke to open up BBC archive

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: tom poe <tompoe AT amihost.com>
  • To: Olivier Travers <olivier_travers AT endoffree.com>
  • Cc: Community Studios <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Community_studios] Re: [Greg] Dyke to open up BBC archive
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 13:25:20 -0000

Hi, Olivier: Words lead to action. And, I think this is remarkable.

On Mon, 2003-08-25 at 04:05, Olivier Travers wrote:
> FYI
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/3177479.stm
Sunday, 24 August, 2003, 11:47 GMT 12:47 UK
Dyke to open up BBC archive

Greg Dyke predicts a more public-focused broadcasting future
Greg Dyke, director general of the BBC, has announced plans to give the
public full access to all the corporation's programme archives.
"Mr Dyke said he believed this second phase would see a shift of emphasis
by broadcasters.

Their focus would move away from commercial considerations to providing
"public value", he said.

"I believe that we are about to move into a second phase of the digital
revolution, a phase which will be more about public than private value;
about free, not pay services; about inclusivity, not exclusion. "

  • [Community_studios] Re: [Greg] Dyke to open up BBC archive, tom poe, 08/25/2003