community_studios - [Community_studios] Summer Update and ISP Change

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: tom poe <tompoe AT amihost.com>
  • To: Community Studios <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Community_studios] Summer Update and ISP Change
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 15:13:51 -0000

Hi: The summer's here, and hope this finds you well and prospering.

Networkforgood.org, along with Guidestar.org are just about set. We
have the bank papers in the mail, if you can believe that. Watch the
web page: http://www.studioforrecording.org/ next weekend to see if our
online donation [credit card] setup is complete.

Ibiblio.org has set up a database account [mySQL/php] for us. Anyone
that wants to discuss design of the ultimate, I say ultimate, repository
for works registered with Creative Commons Project and OCN.net download,
please let me know. So far, we have the "vision" that a visitor sees a
really easy to use page that lets her pick out artist, genre, or title
section. Then, that selection should have "search within this section"
at the top, with listings below. Each listing should be attractively
laid out with image and information. Notice that genre page then needs
a second click to get to listings page. Logistically, there will be a
time when a limited number of listings pops up, and a link to further
listings can be selected. Much like search engines provide. Other
features???

Jinja, Kampala, and Accra, need a donated computer. I sent out several
dozen emails without one response, so we now know I write terribly
ineffective solicitations. Any good ideas???

Our intro show for local access tv is plodding along. Had hoped to move
on to second intro segment, but will have to wait a few weeks. Our next
goal is August 23, 2003, when we should have fully qualified for access
privileges at the station. Will keep you posted. Will send out the
first segment, "The Digital Age & Your Community", when we get the right
CD format in hand.

A project, "The Plant The Seed Project" has been fleshed out, and the
first of the grant proposals is on its way. Wish us luck.

The old email address is:
tompoe AT ableweb.net
The new email address is:
tompoe AT amihost.com

Please make a note in your address book, or use the email address on the
web page [will change it later, today.

Have a nice summer. Hope to hear from you with any thoughts or ideas.
Tom Poe
Open Studios
Reno, NV
http://www.studioforrecording.org/

  • [Community_studios] Summer Update and ISP Change, tom poe, 06/22/2003