community_studios - [Community_studios] Wired.com puts it nicely about RIAA and ISP's

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: "tompoe AT renonevada.net" <tompoe AT renonevada.net>
  • To: community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: Shell AT pipeline.com, rgferrell AT direcway.com
  • Subject: [Community_studios] Wired.com puts it nicely about RIAA and ISP's
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 05:47:30 -0800

Of the articles covering the RIAA's Rosen's idiocy regarding ISP's needing to pay them for lost sales, this is pretty close to how her comments should be described. Thanks to Michell Delio.

http://www.wired.com/news/digiwood/0,1412,57326-2,00.html
RIAA's Rosen Sets Sights on ISPs

Quote from Robert Ferrell at:http://www.theplinth.org/
"Well, Ms. Rosen, I'll tell you what: You forward all your e-mail unedited to a public mailing list, scan and post all your private written correspondence to the same list, give us all-read access to your hard drives and post 24-7 webcams in your boudoir and bathroom, and then I'll believe you understand the invasion of privacy your shrill insistence on flushing what's left of the Constitution down the toilet entails," Ferrell suggested.
Open Studios
Reno, NV
--
http://www.studioforrecording.org/
"There is no Public Domain unless we do it ourselves"

  • [Community_studios] Wired.com puts it nicely about RIAA and ISP's, tompoe AT renonevada.net, 01/22/2003