community_studios - [Community_studios] Presentation Update

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: "tompoe AT renonevada.net" <tompoe AT renonevada.net>
  • To: community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Community_studios] Presentation Update
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 11:20:46 -0800

Hello: Happy New Year to the list members.

We have begun to move out into the community with our Presentation
Project. We call the presentations, "Public Domain: A Musical
Conversation".

The scene goes like this:
1] A bookstore, library, art gallery, senior citizen home, school, etc.,
decides to have us come in and give a talk about our precious Public
Domain in the Digital Age.
2] 15 minutes before we begin, a songwriter will begin playing music
while the audience gets settled
3] I then introduce the topic and have the songwriter play an
appropriate song [children's song for school kids, or original song for
adults, or old classic for senior citizens]
4] I then discuss one or more aspects of where we've been, and where we
are, today, then another song is played
5] Now, the song just played leads into some of the issues surrounding
the RIAA
6] Another song, then we move to the interactive Q&A session, and at the
same time, introduce Creative Commons Project on the computer
7] From that point on, the audience can register works, pictures,
documents, and print out "Deeds" that they can take with them and frame
for their wall

Nice, eh? We'll be videotaping these presentations, and putting them up
on the Repository for those who wish to view them. Keep an eye out
later this Spring.

We're also getting close to the formal announcement of the Open Studios
Recording Studio-in-a-box Project, so stay tuned on that one as well.
Open Studios
Reno, NV
--
http://www.studioforrecording.org/
"There is no Public Domain unless we do it ourselves"

  • [Community_studios] Presentation Update, tompoe AT renonevada.net, 01/20/2003