community_studios - [Community_studios] Update on this whole sordid mess . . . .

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: tom poe <tompoe AT renonevada.net>
  • To: dmca_discuss AT lists.microshaft.org
  • Cc: community_studios <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Community_studios] Update on this whole sordid mess . . . .
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 16:09:08 -0700

Hi: Just connected a couple of dots. Try this out, and see what you think.

We have a music industry, tightly controlled by a bunch of bozos. The bozos thing isn't so important. The important thing is the tightly controlled industry the bozos represent.

The music industry is first, first to take up the challenge of taking control of all information. The economic theorists laid out, through Bruce Lehman's "White Paper" how control of the Information Age needs to happen. So, they begin with the music industry. We get that done, they move on to what?, information and content. So, that's why we're seeing the big push for taking control of home computers, rather than moving into business first. Well, they should have done the business side, first. 'Cause now I'm upset. And, lots of others, as well. Maybe they'll never get to the business side, 'cause we have Open Studios as a model, and this model holds true for all content and information industries. So, looks like a good fight, and one that favors the Community, i.e., the local community, and the world community, not the corporate you-know-whats. Nice. Good Day, today.
Reno, NV
--
http://www.studioforrecording.org/
http://www.ibiblio.org/studioforrecording/

--
Hollywood's BPDG Group ?!?
Never heard of them. What did they do in technology

  • [Community_studios] Update on this whole sordid mess . . . ., tom poe, 06/30/2002