community_studios - Re: [Community_studios] Re: Re: [school-discuss] Britannica

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: tom poe <tompoe AT renonevada.net>
  • To: jkinz AT ultranet.com, schoolforge-discuss AT schoolforge.net
  • Cc: CommStudios <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>, Reno_Perl_Group <renotahoe-pm AT pm.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Community_studios] Re: Re: [school-discuss] Britannica
  • Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 18:27:49 -0700

On Tuesday 28 May 2002 17:25, jkinz AT ultranet.com wrote:

> I agree here Tom. Sadly the schools who are making using Linux
> conditional on the availability of EB don't. Constructively - How do
> we convince them ?
> Jeff Kinz

Hi: Good question. I'm still trying to figure how to get in front of
principals and administrators. However, since you brought it up. There's a
group of us that are convinced that if we can get communities to build
low-cost recording studios, that provide FREE recording services, that we
will go a long way to using that vehicle to encourage linux-based networks
within the schools. Indirect, but should be timely, as we continue to move
to more and more interactive, multi-media apps.

Reno, NV
http://www.studioforrecording.org/
http://www.ibiblio.org/studioforrecording/
http://renotahoe.pm.org/