community_studios - [Community_studios] Enterprise-Level Blog Has Arrived! - - -sort of

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: tom poe <tompoe AT renonevada.net>
  • To: "CommStudios" <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Community_studios] Enterprise-Level Blog Has Arrived! - - -sort of
  • Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 17:38:28 -0700

Hi: Working under a severe handicap, starting with an extremely poor
foundation in computer literacy, and driven by a hosting company that is
determined not to let me stop paying for services, contributed to with a new
hosting company that is doing its' best to provide as secure an environment
as possible, I have managed to get our new version of the PUBDOMAIN BREAD
Blog up and displaying. We're not online with this, probably for another
week, at least, as I continue the battle to change name servers for the
Internet, but take a look:

http://www.total-knowledge.com/~studio/mt/Pubdomain_Bread/index.html

Now, folks, what this is, is a fully powered, automatic, air-conditioned perl
web-based application, capable of remaining state-of-the-art through any new
technology that comes along, including voice and video, cell phones,
broadband, whatever. That means, we can develop and grow, and move, and
never lose our data!!! Life is Good!

Once up, you will be able to collaborate, post entries, post papers, post
white papers, post manifestos, post photos, images, voice, and video, add
comments to other posts, archive on a daily, weekly, monthly basis, to perl's
db "backend", full search capabilities, run headlines from multiple sources
for up-to-the-day news on issues important to studioforrecording.org, control
formatting of comments, whether in-line or pop-up windows, post from anywhere
on the web, without having to enter the system, utilize multiple display
templates to always keep the site "fresh", email readers to alert to new
updated material, and the list goes on.

Anyway, I'm not sure this is so good. Let me know what you think. :-)
Thanks,
Tom

  • [Community_studios] Enterprise-Level Blog Has Arrived! - - -sort of, tom poe, 04/26/2002