community_studios - [Community_studios] Re: [seul-edu] Adding apps to the Application Index (was:

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: tom poe <tompoe AT renonevada.net>
  • To: Michael Hall <olc AT ninti.com>, seul-edu AT seul.org
  • Cc: "CommStudios" <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>, "Reno_Perl_Group" <renotahoe-pm AT pm.org>
  • Subject: [Community_studios] Re: [seul-edu] Adding apps to the Application Index (was:
  • Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 07:30:40 -0700

On Monday 22 April 2002 07:13, Michael Hall wrote:
- - -snip - - -
> I wouldn't necessarily put SoundTracker in an upper
> secondary/university only category, however. My 7 year old son can
> happily create music independently using SoundTracker... it may not
> be great music, but the point is that he can do it by himself. Also,
> he's not using all of SoundTracker's functionality, he's doing
> fairly simple stuff, a bit like sound "painting" with a basic
> graphics package.
- - -snip - - -

Hi: To me, that sort of makes the point, quite dramatically. In Blender,
there are skills that are learned, which carry over from the very young to
the most sophisticated user. These are tools, and it's difficult to
categorize them as NOT educational. hmmm. it's all tough to figure for me.
Rots 'a Ruck, there, Doug. <grin>
Reno, NV
http://www.studioforrecording.org/
http://www.ibiblio.org/studioforrecording/
http://renotahoe.pm.org/

  • [Community_studios] Re: [seul-edu] Adding apps to the Application Index (was:, tom poe, 04/22/2002