community_studios - [Community_studios] Re: [DMCA_Discuss] The Fax Line to the House Judiciary Subcommittee is Busy

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: tom poe <tompoe AT renonevada.net>
  • To: Ron Gage <ron AT rongage.org>, dmca_discuss AT lists.microshaft.org
  • Cc: "Reno_Perl_Group" <renotahoe-pm AT pm.org>, "CommStudios" <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Community_studios] Re: [DMCA_Discuss] The Fax Line to the House Judiciary Subcommittee is Busy
  • Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 17:58:37 -0700

On Monday 08 April 2002 16:41, Ron Gage wrote:
- - - snip - - -
In addressing our lawmakers, we NEED to stick strickly to facts.
> Contrary to popular opinion, our lawmakers are actually fairly
> intelligent people, they don't have the time to be led "down false
> paths", and most importantly, they know fairly quickly when someone
> tries to lead them down a false path. - - - snip - - --

Hi: You didn't really, really just type this did you? Ooooh, I can't resist
.. . . . . .. These folks are the ones that truly, truly believe RIAA and
Valenti, when they are told that:
1] The Internet will never have "quality content" until Hollywood is
protected by the DMCA and CBDTPA
2] That where the Internet has been highly successful for providing
information, the General Public "demands more".
3] When RIAA, Michael Whozit from Mitsubishi says, "internet rebroadcast is
not a "fair use" issue for consumers, these folks all jump up, sing AMEN, and
applaud.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Thanks,
Tom

  • [Community_studios] Re: [DMCA_Discuss] The Fax Line to the House Judiciary Subcommittee is Busy, tom poe, 04/08/2002