commons-research - [Commons-research] Patterns of Learning Object Reuse in the Connexions Repository

commons-research AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: commons-research AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Commons-research] Patterns of Learning Object Reuse in the Connexions Repository
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 15:49:08 -0700

I haven't read the paper yet, only the blog commentary starting at
http://opencontent.org/blog/archives/900 but the following seems very
much in the vein of some of the research discussed by people I think
are on this list -- namely, how to track and quantify re-use (Giorgos
did some of that with ccMixter data).

Patterns of Learning Object Reuse in the Connexions Repository
http://www.archive.org/details/PatternsOfLearningObjectReuseInTheConnexionsRepository

For anyone who doesn't know, cnx.org is a/the premier repository of CC
BY licensed educational materials. While less about commons research
per se, related to past meta discussions on this list,
http://cnx.org/news/news/peer-review-anew-ProcIEEE-june08.pdf has some
interesting thoughts on peer review & post-publication quality
(authors are principals of Connexions, paper recommended to me by
Ahrash Bissell of ccLearn).

Mike

p.s. Probably a lot less interesting than the above, but maybe
contributions to commons research, see

Public (UK) perception of copyright, public sector information, and CC

Noncommercial study interim report (final report with much more coming
in August)

http://support.creativecommons.org help us
build http://creativecommons.org/asharedculture

  • [Commons-research] Patterns of Learning Object Reuse in the Connexions Repository, Mike Linksvayer, 06/10/2009