common-sense - Give the gift of Common Sense

common-sense@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Consider This:

  • From: "Brian Elderbroom" <elderbro@hotmail.com>
  • To: <common-sense@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Give the gift of Common Sense
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 16:41:28 -0500

North Carolina’s Progressive Think Tank Promoting Fairness, Justice, and Opportunity in the State Public-Policy Debate

Dear friend,

It’s not too late to give the gift of Common Sense!

This holiday season, give someone you care about the gift of Common Sense by making a tax-deductible donation to the Common Sense Foundation.  Your gift will go directly toward efforts that help lift working families out of poverty, address the inequalities that plague our schools and criminal justice system, and make state government open and accountable to all people.

And if you make a contribution before the end of the year, we’ll give you two memberships for the price of one!

Just click on the link below and designate a friend or family member who you think would enjoy our groundbreaking reports on the most important issues facing our state.  We’ll notify them of your gift and provide them with a year-long membership to the Common Sense Foundation.

Progressive victories in this year’s state and federal elections have many advocates and political observers excited about the prospects of significant reform and much-needed investments in health and human services.

But regardless of who controls Congress or the General Assembly, we will have our work cut out for us.  Corporate lobbyists and special interest groups will be in Raleigh fighting for tax cuts and against necessary human investments every day.  There will be more of them than us and we will have to work together to make our lawmakers accountable to all people.

Don’t forget what’s at stake.

More than 1.3 million North Carolinians lack health insurance, the high school graduation rate for people of color is below 50%, and more than 1 million of our fellow Tar Heels live in poverty.

Please take a moment now to help address these problems by giving the gift of Common Sense.

And don’t forget to designate a friend or family member who you would like to receive a free year-long membership.  In the coming months we will be releasing hard-hitting, informative public-policy reports on important issues such as bilingual education, affordable housing, environmental racism, and tort reform that they won’t want to miss!

Thanks for your support,

Brian Elderbroom
Associate Director
The Common Sense Foundation

  • Give the gift of Common Sense, Brian Elderbroom, 12/19/2006