common-sense - Consider This: Gun Danger in N.C.

common-sense@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Consider This:

  • From: "Common Sense Foundation" <david@common-sense.org>
  • To: <common-sense@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Consider This: Gun Danger in N.C.
  • Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 17:59:38 -0400

Title: Gun Danger in N.C.

The COMMON SENSE Foundation

Consider This…

GUN DANGER IN N.C.

Accidents happen. Parents should be more aware of that than anyone else.

So how do you explain parents who have loaded, unlocked firearms in their homes?

A report published this summer by Action for Children North Carolina argues for better education about gun safety. The latest statistics show at least 82,000 N.C. children live in households with loaded, unlocked guns (the fifth-highest number in the nation). Click here to view a copy of the report.

Thats far too many disasters waiting to happen. North Carolina has a mild safe-storage law on the books, but an awareness campaign is needed, and penalties need to be stiffer for those who violate the safe-storage law when child fatalities result.

The safety of kids is too important to play Russian roulette with.

If you find "Consider This" challenging, informative, and useful, as many of our readers tell us they do, please show your support by donating to the Common Sense Foundation today.

The Common Sense Foundation provides "Consider This" to thousands of readers free, three times per week. We get plenty of feedback from readers of all types, from all over North Carolina and all over the world!

But producing "Consider This" takes time and energy, and we need your support to keep doing the work we do. That's why we want to take this opportunity to encourage you to make a tax-deductible donation to the Common Sense Foundation to support "Consider This."

Contribute $50. Or $100. Or more, if you can afford it. We'll take contributions in any amount, of course, in support of promoting progressive public policy. Your contribution is tax-deductible.

Click on this link to learn how to contribute:

http://www.common-sense.org/?fnoc=membership

You can contribute by check or credit card, over the Web or over the phone.

Help us keep "Consider This" going! Help support the Common Sense Foundation.

  • Consider This: Gun Danger in N.C., Common Sense Foundation, 08/30/2006