common-sense - Moratorium PSA

common-sense@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Consider This:

  • From: "Common Sense Foundation" <david@common-sense.org>
  • To: <common-sense@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Moratorium PSA
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 13:40:10 -0400

Title: Moratorium PSA

The Common Sense Foundation

For years, The Common Sense Foundation has fought for a moratorium on executions in North Carolina.  Our publications have been the source of the statistics most often cited by advocates for a moratorium in our state.

Now we’re at it again!  Check out our Public Service Announcement calling for a two-year temporary suspension of executions and death penalty study.  Once you’ve seen the PSA, help us put it on the air by making a tax-deductible contribution to the Common Sense Foundation.

To view the Public Service Announcement, click on the link below (you will need QuickTime to view the PSA; to download QuickTime, click here):

Moratorium PSA

The Common Sense Foundation is committed to getting this PSA on the air in key legislators’ districts by the end of the month.  You can help us reach that goal by making a tax-deductible contribution now.  Your gift will be used to make copies of the PSA and pressure television stations across the state to put it on the air.  To make a contribution, click on the link below:

I support Common Sense's Moratorium efforts and want to see this PSA on the air!

Getting a PSA on the air takes time, energy, and a financial commitment from Moratorium supporters like yourself.  Our legislators in the North Carolina House of Representatives need to know that the people of North Carolina support a moratorium.  Putting this PSA on the air in key legislators’ districts will do just that.

To support our moratorium advocacy efforts, and get this PSA on the air when it matters most, we have set the ambitious goal of raising $5,000 by the end of this month.  Help us reach that goal by making a tax-deductible contribution now.  Your donation will go directly towards getting this PSA on the air and will allow us to continue publishing the hard-hitting commentary and research reports on the death penalty that you’ve come to expect.  To support our moratorium efforts, click on the link below:

Yes, I support Common Sense's moratorium efforts!

Thank you for your continued support.  Together we can achieve our goal of a fair and equal criminal justice system in our state.

Sincerely,

Brian Elderbroom

Associate Director

  • Moratorium PSA, Common Sense Foundation, 06/15/2005