chtechcomm - RE: [Chtechcomm] RedHat on the Agenda?

chtechcomm AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Chapel Hill Technology Advisory Committee

  • From: "Gregg Gerdau" <ggerdau AT intelor.com>
  • To: "'Chapel Hill Information Technology Advisory Committee'" <chtechcomm AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Chtechcomm] RedHat on the Agenda?
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 14:18:32 -0400

Hi Will and Everyone,

Bob will cover the Red Hat offer under the open source pilot update. Our
agenda will be published later today. Most of the time will be taken by a
visit from Mayor Foy and Manager Horton. Council Member Kleinschmidt will
also attend. The focus of our discussion with the Mayor and Manager will be
their view of the Technology Committee's role in Town Government. We will
learn what they recommend as a model and mode of interaction to present our
recommendations as an advisory board.

This is our first opportunity to learn directly from them. Expect this
meeting to be far less interactive than we have become used to. We need to
listen carefully to their advice and guidance. I would like to know
everyone's thoughts on what they would like to learn from the Mayor and
Manager to synthesize as a brief introductory message. This is "listen and
learn time" to help achieve our mission and purposes.

-Gregg