chpac-staff - [Chpac-staff] banned books week

  • From: Jeff York <jyork AT townofchapelhill.org>
  • To: "'chpac-staff AT lists.ibiblio.org'" <chpac-staff AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Chpac-staff] banned books week
  • Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2016 17:48:55 +0000

CHCAC Commissioners,

Susan Brown,  the Library Director would like to extend a personal  invitation to you to attend the Banned Book Trading Card Exhibition opening reception.  See below

Banned Books Exhibit Launch and Meet the Artists Reception

Friday, September 23,, 7:00 pm –9:00 pm

Chapel Hill Public Library

Each year, in recognition of Banned Books Week, we ask local artists to submit works of art inspired by a book or author that has been banned or challenged.  Once again, we received over 70 amazing entries from some incredible local artists, featuring art inspired by classics such as Animal Farm to recent hits like Fun Home to children’s favorites such as Bridge to Terabithia.  Each piece serves to highlight local artists, start a conversation about intellectual freedom and censorship, and celebrate our freedom to read.

Friday night, you can see the winners before everyone else does, view all of the entries on exhibit, meet the artists, and bid in a silent auction for the originals of the seven winners – all while enjoying desserts and drinks.  This project is done in partnership with Chapel Hill Parks and Recreation’s Division of Cultural Arts and with support from the Friends of the Library.

I hope to see you there,

Susan

Susan Brown, Director

Chapel Hill Public Library

100 Library Drive
Chapel Hill, NC 27514

(919) 969-2034

Sparking Curiosity. Inspiring Learning. Creating Connections.

Jeffrey J. York
Public & Cultural Arts Administrator
Cultural Arts
Parks & Recreation Department
Town of Chapel Hill
200 Plant Road
Chapel Hill, NC 27514

Phone: (919) 968-2750
Fax: (919) 932-2923

.

  • [Chpac-staff] banned books week, Jeff York, 09/19/2016