chpac-staff - [Chpac-staff] franklin St. benches

  • From: Jeff York <jyork AT townofchapelhill.org>
  • To: "chpac-staff AT lists.ibiblio.org" <chpac-staff AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Chpac-staff] franklin St. benches
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 19:29:31 +0000

CHPAC members,

In following up on the request of the Parks & Recreation Director for CHPAC to assist with the relocation of the franklin St. art benches.  I thought It might be good if we as a group, or those who wish to participate,  do a walking tour of east and west Franklin St. to see if we can identify  any appropriate locations to keep the benches along Franklin St.  One requirement of any location will be that the benches will need to be backed up against something.  The absolute deadline for a decision on the benches is April 17th.

Peter Bosman is the CHPAC representative to the Permanent Collection Committee and so will take the lead on this issue.  He and I are planning the walking tour for the coming week.  There are two options:

11 a.m. on Tuesday March 17 or

11:00 am on Thursday March 19

Let me know asap if you are able to join us on either of these dates and times.  We will then select the date that the majority of our membership chooses.  Count on the tour lasting approximately 1 hr. wear comfortable shoes as it is about a mile or so up and down the street.

I look forward to hearing from you.   jy

Jeffrey York
Public & Cultural Arts Administrator
Division of Public and Cultural Arts
Parks & Recreation Department