chpac-staff - [Chpac-staff] March CHPAC meeting

  • From: Jeff York <jyork AT townofchapelhill.org>
  • To: "chpac-staff AT lists.ibiblio.org" <chpac-staff AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Chpac-staff] March CHPAC meeting
  • Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2015 20:10:43 +0000

Members, et. al.

In preparation for the March 11 CHPAC meeting where our guest speaker is Jim Orr, Director Parks & Recreation,  I am including links to the Parks and Greenways Master Plans.  In case you don’t have time to read the whole plans, I am also including reference points to issues related to the arts.  Since the plan discusses an arts facility, it is probably good that you are familiar with these plans in relation to our Arts Plan.  Feel free to call me if you have any questions.  As a bonus for the meeting, artist Erik Carlson who is creating the multi-media artwork for the library will also be at the meeting to talk about the work and how you can contribute to the artwork.   Jy

The entire Parks Master Plan is available for review or downloaded at

http://www.townofchapelhill.org/town-hall/departments-services/parks-recreation/planning-and-development/comprehensive-parks-plan-adopted-may-29-2013

pages EX 6-7 in the executive summary deals with the arts facility,  then in section 4 p. 16-17, the arts are a part of a list of economic benefits of parks in section 5 page 6.  Then on page 14 of section 5 a budget includes the dollar amount for an arts facility.

There is a separate greenways plan.

http://www.townofchapelhill.org/town-hall/departments-services/parks-recreation/planning-and-development/greenways-master-plan-adopted-may-2013

Although at the time I was asked to write and submit language that recognized the importance of art in future greenway development,  the language did not get inserted in the plan.

Jeffrey York
Public & Cultural Arts Administrator
Division of Public and Cultural Arts
Parks & Recreation Department
Town of Chapel Hill
200 Plant Rd.
Chapel Hill, NC 27514

Phone: (919) 968-2750
Fax: (919) 932-2923

Help create a new Comprehensive Plan at http://www.chapelhill2020.org.

  • [Chpac-staff] March CHPAC meeting, Jeff York, 03/05/2015