chpac-staff - [Chpac-staff] December report

  • From: Jeff York <jyork AT townofchapelhill.org>
  • To: "chpac-staff AT lists.ibiblio.org" <chpac-staff AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Chpac-staff] December report
  • Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 12:22:07 -0500

Dear CHPAC Commissioners,

I am sorry I will not see you on Wednesday night, as our informal gathering at Lisa Goldstein’s has been cancelled, but I want to express my gratitude to you for all the hard work you do to help with our public art committees, courtesy reviews, with our programs, and in promoting the arts throughout Chapel Hill.  I know, over the last few months, there has been a lot of questions and speculation as to the status of the Chapel Hill Public Arts Commission.  While a number of suggestion to reorganize the commission structure came out of several public meetings,  they currently only effect the planning board and development planning process.  A series of meetings are schedule in January-March to discuss the value and makeup of the Public Arts, Greenways, Parks, and other commissions.  These meetings may effect CHPAC, so it will be important that CHPAC membership attend those meetings and help shape any changes that may be a part of the commission’s future.  Although we are down 4 members and it has been difficult to recruit with all the unknowns,  you are more important than ever in your role as commissioners.

The past few months have been extremely busy and I am again appreciative of those commissioners who have served on our various selection committees.  The Artist in Residence at Phillips Middle School and the Into the Streets Community project will  begin in earnest in January, and those of you who have volunteered for  those program committees will be able to directly serve at the school and in helping to coordinate with the selected project community: as if you were getting bored with just attending meetings?

The attached December report illustrates all the activities the Office and commissioners have been involved in.  Exciting things are on the horizon.  Anything you as commissioners would like to participate in, can be arranged.

I want to wish you a restful, healthy, and wonderful holiday, and look forward to seeing you at our January CHPAC meeting on the 8th,

Happy Holidays and a Joyous New Year

Jeff

Jeffrey York
Public & Cultural Arts Administrator
Division of Public and Cultural Arts
Parks & Recreation Department
Town of Chapel Hill
200 Plant Rd.
Chapel Hill, NC 27514

Phone: (919) 968-2750
Fax: (919) 932-2923

Help create a new Comprehensive Plan at http://www.chapelhill2020.org.

  • [Chpac-staff] December report, Jeff York, 12/11/2013