chpac-staff - [Chpac-staff] 12/14 CHPAC mtg.

  • From: Steve Wright <swright AT townofchapelhill.org>
  • To: "chpac-staff AT lists.ibiblio.org" <chpac-staff AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Chpac-staff] 12/14 CHPAC mtg.
  • Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 10:40:27 -0500

Dear CHPAC,

Please find attached agenda and materials for this Wednesday, December 14’s meeting, to be held at Chapel Hill Town Hall (not 523 East Franklin), in the First Floor Conference Room (near Council Chambers).  If you cannot attend, please let Jeff or myself know.

Also, please find below a note from Jeff.

Thank you and have a great weekend,

Steve

Dear Commissioners,

We have a fairly full agenda with several items needing discussion and a quorum vote by commission members, so I hope you will all be able to attend.  When the sculpture gift was accepted by Town Council on November 28th, Councilman Ward made some recommended policy changes.  His requests were to involve the Council Liaison in future gift reviews, involve the Council in location decisions, again through the liaison, and develop a policy for a standardized wording for gift plaques.  Based on his recommendation,  we will be reviewing our Gift Policy.  A marked up draft policy with staff edits is included as an attachment.  There are a few issues about the Gift Policy that will require discussion, and other changes may be necessary before any revisions are adopted.  Please review and be prepared to discuss this issue.

The other action item on the agenda is setting priorities for the 2012-13 year as requested by the Mayor of all commissions.  Attached are documents outlining the Public & Cultural Arts Office successes, a list of trends that will need to be considered, and finally a draft list of priorities.  Again, please read over these document and be prepared to discuss.

I look forward to seeing you all at the December 14th  CHPAC meeting.  Please note that we will be meeting in Town Hall from here on out.

Jeffrey J. York
Cultural & Public Arts Administrator
Cultural Arts Division
Parks & Recreation Department
Town of Chapel Hill
405 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd
Chapel Hill, NC 27514-5705

Phone: (919) 968-2750
Fax: (919) 969-2063

  • [Chpac-staff] 12/14 CHPAC mtg., Steve Wright, 12/09/2011