chpac-staff - [Chpac-staff] Our Stories Project

  • From: Jeff York <jyork AT townofchapelhill.org>
  • To: "chpac-staff AT lists.ibiblio.org" <chpac-staff AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: Sally Greene <sally AT ibiblio.org>, "pennyrich.ch AT gmail.com" <pennyrich.ch AT gmail.com>, "nancy.kitterman AT scientificproperties.com" <nancy.kitterman AT scientificproperties.com>, Butch Kisiah <bkisiah AT townofchapelhill.org>
  • Subject: [Chpac-staff] Our Stories Project
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 15:38:24 -0400

Commissioners, et. al.

Attached is a press release announcing the re-installation of the Our Stories, In Focus Community Art & History Project from 2009.  Our goal for the project was to exhibit the resulting artwork around the community.  After opening at U Mall in June 2009 and showing at the CH Museum in September 2009, the work was in storage while awaiting a scheduled showing at the ArtsCenter in Carrboro.  I hope you will have an opportunity to either attend the opening on August 13 or visit the ArtsCenter during the month of August to experience a very successful community-based public art project sponsored by the Public Arts Office and Commission.   jy

Jeffrey J. York

Public Arts Administrator

Town of Chapel Hill

Town Hall

405 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd.

Chapel Hill, NC  27514

phone 919/968-2750

jyork AT townofchapelhill.org

  • [Chpac-staff] Our Stories Project, Jeff York, 07/28/2010