chpac-staff - [Chpac-staff] Loeb Fellowship

  • From: "Jeff York" <jyork AT townofchapelhill.org>
  • To: <chpac-staff AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Chpac-staff] Loeb Fellowship
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 13:08:22 -0500

Dear Commission Members,

At the end of last night’s meeting Haig brought forward the issue of the Loeb Fellowship grant funds and selecting a Loeb scholar to fulfill CHPAC’s obligation to that Grant.  As Haig mentioned this grant needs to be allocated by the end of June.  Initially the plan was to bring someone in to help the commission and town create a foundation.  That did not exactly pan out, though the foundation idea is still in the back of the minds of Counsel.  Then Haig and I discussed using the funds to bring in a scholar(s) to address the issue of arts and economic development at a forum.  While I am still working on developing such a program for the future, this will not take place before June.  I would like to invite two-three commission members to volunteer to serve on a sub-committee with Haig to consider Loeb fellowship options and make a decision on how and on whom to expend the funds.  I would hope that this could be a one time meeting where a final decision could be made and then brought forward to the commission in at the February meeting.  Once a decision is made there will be more planning and decisions about logistic and marketing the lecture/workshop etc.  Ideally it would be good if the sub-committee members had a familiarity with the Loeb Fellowship history, but anyone interested in serving is certainly welcome.  If you are interested in serving on this committee, please e-mail Haig and let him know of your interest.  Please copy me on the e-mails.   I am thanking you in advance for your assistance.  jy

Jeffrey J. York
Public Arts Administrator
Town Manager's Office
Town of Chapel Hill
405 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd
Chapel Hill, NC 27514-5705

Phone: (919) 968-2750
Fax: (919) 969-2063

jyork AT townofchapelhill.orgĀ

  • [Chpac-staff] Loeb Fellowship, Jeff York, 01/15/2009