chpac-staff - [Chpac-staff] Fwd: December10 Forum Information - for distribution

  • From: erica rothman <erothman AT mindspring.com>
  • To: chpac <chpac-staff AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Chpac-staff] Fwd: December10 Forum Information - for distribution
  • Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 11:49:48 -0500

This meeting is right after our monthly meeting, and I thought you  might be interested in attending.

Best,
Erica

Dear Neighbor:

You are invited to join a discussion about the future of Chapel Hill.

                            Chapel Hill 2020: A Forum on the Future of Density and Growth in Chapel Hill

Wednesday, December 10, 7 – 9 pm

What?  The citizens’ group Neighborhoods for Responsible Growth (NRG) will hold a public forum on growth, density, and the future vision for Chapel Hill and Carrboro on the evening of Wednesday, December 10, 2008 in the Chapel Hill Town Council Chambers, from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.  The format will feature speakers knowledgeable about current Town policies, a slide show, and opportunity for comments and questions.  Flyer attached.

Why?  As our community has grown, the need for a community-wide discussion on how we want our town to grow.  More and more citizens are expressing uncertainty about what degree of density is most appropriate for our community, and where the best locations for dense development might be.  NRG believes that our community will develop best based on a comprehensive vision that is understood and endorsed by informed citizens. The goal of this forum is to kick off a community-wide discussion.

Please see  www.nrg-nc.net for information about the agenda.  Please distribute to others you think would be interested in this event and excuse the cross postings.

NRG is a grassroots citizens’ group working to preserving our quality of life in Chapel Hill, Carrboro, Orange County, and vicinity.

  • [Chpac-staff] Fwd: December10 Forum Information - for distribution, erica rothman, 12/07/2008