chpac-staff - [Chpac-staff] trip to Charlotte

  • From: "Steve Wright" <swright AT townofchapelhill.org>
  • To: <chpac-staff AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Chpac-staff] trip to Charlotte
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 13:43:35 -0400

Commissioners,

After requesting last week that those interested in the field trip to Charlotte to see their public art confirm their intentions for the Charlotte field trip, I only heard back from two people, both who needed to cancel.  It seems that the selected date is not ideal for the majority of you.  Therefore, we will not attempt a trip at this time.  I will reschedule the trip in the Spring.   Perhaps we can discuss some possible dates at our next meeting.  jy

Commissioners,

I am putting the finishing touches on our arrangements for our fieldtrip to Charlotte, scheduled for October 25th.  A fun and informative itinerary has been planned.  We will depart from town hall (it will be ok to park in the deck or other available spaces for the day) at 8:30am.  We will have a 8-passenger van that I will drive.  Once we arrive in Charlotte, we will begin at the new (1yr. old) Charlotte courthouse which includes two wonderful works.  The lobby area is normally closed, but arrangements have been made for our access.  We will then travel to the Carillion bld. On N. Trade St. where we will park and begin walking in uptown Charlotte where we will view a variety of public art works.  We will also visit the Time Warner Cable Arena home to the Bob Cats) which has some excellent public art projects both on the interior and exterior as well as the Green, a park/plaza area developed by Wachovia with a variety of artworks, based around the theme of literacy.  We will then have lunch either at the Dunhill Hotel or, if people desire at Reeds Market.  We will then catch the South Corridor light rail to see art at the various stations along the corridor, eventually returning to the uptown station.  We will depart Charlotte around 3-3:30pm to arrive back in CH around 5:15-6:00pm.

If you are still interested in attending this tour,  Please e-mail me directly no later than Monday, Oct. 20.  Once I have a list of participants,  I will send additional instructions.   jy

Jeffrey J. York
Public Arts Administrator
Town Manager's Office
Town of Chapel Hill
405 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd
Chapel Hill, NC 27514-5705

Phone: (919) 968-2750
Fax: (919) 969-2063

jyork AT townofchapelhill.orgĀ

  • [Chpac-staff] trip to Charlotte, Steve Wright, 10/21/2008