chpac-staff - [Chpac-staff] Annual Public Art Plan

  • From: "Kate Flory" <kflory AT townofchapelhill.org>
  • To: <chpac-staff AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Chpac-staff] Annual Public Art Plan
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 14:31:59 -0400

Hello CHPAC,

As you know, at our June 13 CHPAC meeting the commission approved our Annual Public Art Plan, which goes to Council (consent agenda) on June 27.  The Plan, as you may recall, identified two new percent for art projects for next year, requested that the Council approve allocation of 1% of eligible projects to our Percent for Art Fund for Public Art, and reminded the Council of the projects that have already been approved or that we are currently working to complete.

When the Town Council cut the proposed budget in order to avoid a tax increase next year, many proposed capital improvement projects were eliminated, including our two new proposed percent for art projects.  Attached you will find a new draft of the Annual Public Art Plan.  Below you will find both versions of the section that I changed:

*** Old Draft ***

FY 2007-08 CIP Percent for Art New Projects

The CHPAC has reviewed the Town Manager's Recommended Report of the 2007-2022 Capital Improvements Program (CIP) of May 7, 2007.  Based on our review of the proposed CIP projects for FY 2007-08, the CHPAC recommends that the following projects be applicable for percent for art:

▪ Town Hall and Council Chamber Capital Improvements

▪ Courthouse Renovation

*** New Draft ***

FY 2007-08 CIP Percent for Art New Projects

The CHPAC reviewed the Town Manager's Recommended Report of the 2007-2022 Capital Improvements Program (CIP) of May 7, 2007.  Based on our review of the proposed CIP projects for FY 2007-08, the CHPAC identified the following as potential new percent for art projects:

▪ Town Hall and Council Chamber Capital Improvements

▪ Courthouse Renovation

We understand, however, that following adoption of the Town of Chapel Hill’s FY 2007-2008 budget, these projects are no longer included in the 2007-08 CIP.  Therefore, we are not requesting any new percent for art projects this year.

Please let me know if you have any questions at all.

Kate

Kate Billings Flory

Executive Director

Chapel Hill Public Arts Commission

405 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.

Chapel Hill, NC  27514

T: 919.968.2750 (NEW NUMBER)

F: 919.969.2063

E: kflory AT townofchapelhill.org

www.chapelhillarts.org

  • [Chpac-staff] Annual Public Art Plan, Kate Flory, 06/19/2007