chpac-staff - [Chpac-staff] TOC Field Trip

  • From: "Kate Flory" <kflory AT townofchapelhill.org>
  • To: <chpac-staff AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Chpac-staff] TOC Field Trip
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 15:29:37 -0400

Hello CHPAC,

As you know, Larry Kirkland’s wall is currently being installed outside the Public Works administration building at the new Town Operations Center on Millhouse Road.  The construction of the wall is almost complete and it looks fantastic.  Just today we got the necessary approvals to bring a group out to the site. I apologize for the late notice!

All CHPAC members are invited to join us at the TOC site this Wednesday, August 30 at 1 p.m.

I hope that you can join us for this field trip.  We anticipate the visit will be approximately 30 minutes long.  At the site you will have the opportunity to see the work being done and to hear from artist Larry Kirkland, Public Works employee and supervisor of the Town Operations Center construction project Curtis Brooks, and master stone mason Judson Daniel.

Please email me as soon as possible to let me know if you are interested in joining us for the field trip to TOC.  Once I know who will be attending, I will find hard hats for everyone and make the necessary transportation arrangements.  Again, I apologize for the short notice.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kate

Kate Billings Flory

Executive Director

Chapel Hill Public Arts Commission

405 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.

Chapel Hill, NC  27514

T: 919.968.2888, x377

F: 919.969.2063

E: kflory AT townofchapelhill.org

www.chapelhillarts.org

  • [Chpac-staff] TOC Field Trip, Kate Flory, 08/28/2006