chpac-staff - [Chpac-staff] FW: CHPAC Budget Increase

  • From: "Jeff Cohen" <jeffreylcohen AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "Chpac-Staff" <chpac-staff AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Chpac-staff] FW: CHPAC Budget Increase
  • Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 16:53:37 -0500

Hi CHPAC:

Below are the notes I sent to the Executive Committee as some ideas to explain our budget request increase.

Regards,
Jeff
---------
Jeff Cohen, Chair
Chapel Hill Public Arts Commission
405 MLK Blvd, Chapel Hill NC 27514

In looking at our budget increase, approx $30K is on the administrative side.

05-06 Admin Amount (1 Line Item which included admin, personnel, communications): $101K
06-07 4 Line Items (Communications, Gen Admin, Salaries, Benefits): $131K

Ideas to explain this increase:

Steve's increase to full time with benefits

Additional administration needs due to Downtown Initiative
    Success of this project will create new standards for Public Art around town

Additional administration needs after acceptance of Comprehensive Plan
    This will ensure that Public Art is woven into the very fabric of Chapel Hill
    CHPAC will be involved in more town business as a result

Increase the professional nature and frequency of communications program

"Victim of our own success"
    We have done well, which has garnered great publicity, and now everyone comes to us

Programmatic Increases:

Percent for Art Admin Budget is projected based on anticipated projects
    Currently all admin costs come from our operating budget and the Town's 1% goes to the art
    The Library and the Downtown Projects will have national calls that require admin expenses

Other programs have modest increases, but are funded at the levels they should be

Hope some of this helps. If you have other ideas, please share will all of us. I am going to try to finish writing my presentation by Monday.

Thanks for all your help.

Sincerely,
Jeff
----
Jeffrey L. Cohen
jeffreylcohen AT mindspring.com

  • [Chpac-staff] FW: CHPAC Budget Increase, Jeff Cohen, 03/12/2006