chpac-staff - [Chpac-staff] CHPAC appointment update

  • From: "Kate Flory" <kflory AT townofchapelhill.org>
  • To: <chpac-staff AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Chpac-staff] CHPAC appointment update
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 17:17:06 -0500

Hello CHPAC,

As you know, at our October meeting, the CHPAC recommended Juan Logan and Haig Khachatoorian for the two open seats on the CHPAC.

In early November the Clerk’s Office contacted me to say that we had two applications on file that were accidentally never forwarded to me (the Clerk’s Office was very apologetic).  I let the Nominating Committee know at that time that we had two applications that we were not previously aware of.

At the Council’s last business meeting they made appointments to the CHPAC.  They appointed Juan Logan and Andi Sobbe (one of the new applicants).  As we all know, the Council can ultimately appoint anyone they want to the CHPAC.  It can happen for any number of reasons.  I’m sure Andi will be fantastic but I did want to let all of you know right away that Haig was not appointed this time around.

Please let me know if you have any questions at all.

Thank you!

Kate

Kate Billings Flory

Executive Director

Chapel Hill Public Arts Commission

405 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.

Chapel Hill, NC  27514

T: 919.968.2888, x377

F: 919.969.2063

E: kflory AT townofchapelhill.org

www.chapelhillarts.org

  • [Chpac-staff] CHPAC appointment update, Kate Flory, 11/16/2005