chpac-staff - Re: [Chpac-staff] Percent for Art

  • From: Susan Leeb <sleeb AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: Janet Kagan <jkagan AT nc.rr.com>, <chpac-staff AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [Chpac-staff] Percent for Art
  • Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 16:18:22 -0500

Title: Re: [Chpac-staff] Percent for Art
Magnificent!
Susan
on 12/7/04 2:54 PM, Janet Kagan at jkagan AT nc.rr.com wrote:

Hello CHPAC

I wanted to let everyone know that after several weeks of sustained conversations with project principals, the Council Committee for the Development of Parking Lots 2 and 5 has mandated that a full one-percent of the total project budget be allocated for public art!  For the moment, is means that approximately $820,000 will be reserved for public art across both development projects (Phase I: Lot 5 and the /Wallace Deck, and Phase II: Lot 2 and the RBC site.)  Although I will continue to press for the adoption of the implementation guidelines that we approved at our November meeting, we will need to integrate the work of the selected developer and his or her design team in all aspects of this important public art project.  The first phase of this project is scheduled to commence before the end of this fiscal year, by which time the selected developer and design team will hopefully have completed contract negotiations.

This is a tremendously exciting time for public art in Chapel Hill!

Yours

Janet