chpac-staff - [Chpac-staff] Fwd: Report from the Committee to Study the Possible Creation of Student Seats on Town Advisory Boards and Commissions

  • From: Andrew Ross <andrewwross AT earthlink.net>
  • To: chpac-staff AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Chpac-staff] Fwd: Report from the Committee to Study the Possible Creation of Student Seats on Town Advisory Boards and Commissions
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 19:13:44 -0400

Hello CHPACers. Below and attached is some information that Town Council would like us to consider regarding adding Student Seats to the Public Arts Commission. I was a member of the advisory board, so I knew about this and have already added it to our agenda for next Wednesday. Sorry the attachment is so long, but if you could at least read the first 5 pages, then you'll have a general gist of what's being asked of us. As a REALLY basic summary, the Town is looking into having some sort of student representation in Town Boards and Commissions, as well as general Town interests. There are three major student groups being considered: UNC undergraduate students, UNC graduate students, and students from the two local high schools.

We need to recommend to council our own thoughts on student participation within the Public Arts Commission, and how we see that involvement being most effective for ourselves and for the involved students. Most likely, this will involve a change of our establishing resolution -- but we probably need to do this anyway, if we're going to drop from 18 members to 15, as we expressed interest in during our last meeting.

So read the short email below, and please take a look at least at the first 5 pages of the attachment below -- before our meeting on the 21st.

Thanks,
Andrew

Andrew Ross Photography & Video
home: 919.929.9684