chpac-staff - [Chpac-staff] go see my photos in 3 different shows

  • From: Andrew Ross <andrewwross AT earthlink.net>
  • To: Andrew Ross <andrew AT andrewross.com>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [Chpac-staff] go see my photos in 3 different shows
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 18:27:50 -0400

Hello one and all. I just wanted to send out an announcement to all my good buddies that I have photos up in three different shows this month and next.

I have 2 photos in the Durham Arts Council's "Our House" show (a faculty and student exhibition), which is up until 29 May. There will be an opening reception for this show on Thursday 15 April from 5-7pm, for which I will only be there from 5-6pm, since I teach a class starting at 6pm. Flyer for this show is the attached PDF.

I also have 2 photos in the Carrboro ArtsCenter's "Community Photography Contest", and this show is up until 2 May. The opening reception for this one is this Friday, 9 April, from 6-9pm. This Friday is also Chapel Hill/Carrboro's 2nd Friday Art Walk, if you want to spend the evening browsing art galleries in the area -- most of them with food and music.

And last but not least, I have a self-portrait in the Chapel Hill Public Art Commission's "Self Portrait Project 2004", which will be up until 21 May. My self-portrait is in Chapel Hill Town Hall, in the 1st floor lobby next to the stairs (honestly, you can't miss it!). However, you may want to take some time to really check out this entire show, as we (I helped organize the show, for those that didn't know) had around 350 submissions in pretty much every medium imaginable. So much that this show is spread out across 11 locations in Chapel Hill and Carrboro. Go to the Public Arts Commission's website, www.chapelhillarts.org, for full details. And also think about coming out to the Community Discussion Forum on Thursday 22 April from 7-9pm at the Chapel Hill Museum.

Well, that's my little what's-Andrew-doing-nowadays update. I've been a bit of a hermit of late, so I would love to see any of you out if you can make it to these receptions of the Community Discussion. Or if not, still try to go check out these shows; there's lots of great stuff to look at besides my submissions.

Andrew
Andrew Ross Photography & Video
home: 919.929.9684
mobile: 919.260.7537
www.andrewross.com

Begin forwarded message:

  • [Chpac-staff] go see my photos in 3 different shows, Andrew Ross, 04/07/2004